Crib Quilt for a July Baby


 Now that this crib quilt has been gifted to friends of our family, I can share it with everybody.

This is the classic snowball quilt pattern which I've attempted to modernize a bit by dropping out some of the pattern and mixing up the lights and darks. The mom-to-be chose earth tones for the expected baby boy. Fortunately, I had this cozy flannel in my stash which served as the inspiration for this quilt.



I think the very best thing about giving a quilt as a baby shower gift is when you get back a picture of the baby on it. That feeling could only be surpassed many years later if you have the privilege of seeing it in tatters because it was well loved through the years!


Looking forward to welcoming this new little friend into the world. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Linen Closet: Lord's Snowfall (2 of 2)

Knitters' Gadget Reviewed