Linen Closet: Lord's Snowfall (2 of 2)


Linen Closet- Lord’s Snowfall (2 of 2)

"Lord's Snowfall" was appliquéd and quilted all by hand. It measures 87.25 inches x 91.5 inches, and contains 46 unique appliquéd and/or quilted snow crystals which are surrounded by echo quilting. 




This quilt has heard many a shared confidence, deep thoughts, and world views. My friends were lovingly supportive through it all and contributed in their special ways. Sara was my "snow crystal teacher" and made sure I was creating authentic snow crystals. Erin shared fabric pieces from her stash which helped make the background transitions more harmonious. Since we came together through church, it's title has special meaning to me.


It was finished in February 2018- yes, it took 2 years and 4 months to complete. I have been waiting to show this quilt to you because I entered it in a juried show and hoped I might have the happy news that it had been accepted.... but it wasn't... competition is pretty stiff these days.  




Comments

Popular Posts

Knitters' Gadget Reviewed